We've rounded up some of our most commonly asked questions here. Hopefully you'll find the answer you're looking for, but if not, feel free to contact us with your question! We'll get back to you as soon as we can.
CUSTOM DESIGNS & PRODUCTS
Q: I love your artwork & products! Can you design something custom just for me or my company/brand?
A: Thank you for the compliment! We love creating custom designs and products and appreciate your interest in working with Sunny Day Designs to create something custom and unique.
When contacting us about a custom order inquiry, please send a detailed message with more information on what you are looking for so that we can work together to create something one-of-a-kind! Custom or personalized orders can take anywhere between a few days to several weeks, as the timeline for each custom design or personalized order will vary based on the type of item or design requested. Custom order fees will also apply and may vary based on the type of project requested.
GIFT WRAPPING & GIFT MESSAGES
Q: Can you gift wrap my order and/or add a gift message? If so, what is the cost for that?
A: Ordering an item as a gift for someone else? Great! We can gift wrap your order and include a gift message to the recipient. The cost for gift wrap is $4 per order. There's no charge to add a short gift message to your order.
To add gift wrap, simply select the gift wrapping option when placing your order. A charge of $4 will be added to your total. Your order will be wrapped up in our colorful yellow and white patterned tissue paper and topped with a coordinating bow and ribbon (yellow, white, or orange).
- All Items Going To 1 Recipient: If you would like all of the items in your order to be wrapped together and have the same gift message, only 1 "gift wrapping" fee is required per order (even if you purchase more than 1 item). Please add 1 "gift wrapping" fee during checkout and leave any order requests/comments in the notes box.
- Multiple Items Going To Multiple Recipients: If you would like each item to be wrapped separately or for the items in your order to have different gift messages for different recipients, please purchase the number of gift wrapping fees that corresponds to the number of separate gifts you would like to be wrapped. For example, if you are ordering 2 gifts that will need to be wrapped separately, please purchase 2 "gift wrapping" fees and add notes for 2 different gift messages if needed. Please also be sure to leave notes/gift messages in the comment box at checkout so that we know which items in your order correspond to each recipient.
If you would like to include a complimentary gift message to the recipient of your order, please include the exact text that you would like for your custom gift message to the recipient. Gift messages will be typed onto a recycled paper sticker and attached to a colorful, patterned square postcard.
SHIPPING & PROCESSING
Q: How soon will my items ship after I place my order?
A: We ship all of our orders out a as soon as we can. However, we hope you understand that, as a 1-woman company, our shipping and processing times depend on the current volume of orders in addition to other factors such as inventory, material availability, and the fact that we're currently living during a time of world pandemic.
Additionally, as a small batch brand that also manufactures many of our own products, our goal is to prevent product waste from storing large amounts of inventory. As a result, some of our items are in stock and may be ready to ship out right away, while others may need to be cut/sewn on demand after you place your order.
We hope to ship your order out within 1-4 business days, but during peak sales times (such as the holiday season) additional delays may result in processing. If you have a question about your order timeline, please email email@example.com for an update.
FABRIC PRODUCT CARE INSTRUCTIONS
Q: Can your fabric products be machine washed and dried? What is the best way to care for your fabric/wooden teethers?
A: Great question! Yes - all of our fabric products and components can be machine washed and dried using most standard laundry detergents! Please avoid very harsh stain-remover detergents and laundry detergents that include whiteners or high quantities of bleach, since those detergents might affect the colors on the prints. Additionally, we pre-wash all of our fabrics prior to cutting them in order to reduce future shrinkage.
For your convenience, here are our recommended care/wash instructions:
- Tea towels and linen/cotton Items:
Machine wash warm or cool on a gentle/delicate setting using a phosphate-free detergent. Tumble dry low. Warm iron, if needed.
- Baby items, reusable facial rounds, and other 100% organic cotton items:
Machine wash warm or cool on a gentle/delicate setting using a phosphate-free detergent. Tumble dry low. Cool iron, if needed.
* Each of our fabric/maple wood teethers are packaged with a specific care and safety instruction card. Each teether also includes a small, complimentary tin of our organic beeswax and olive oil wood conditioner for use in keeping the sustainably harvested wood rings moist and to prevent breakage. Please regularly condition the wooden ring with the conditioner paste according to the instruction card in order to keep the ring from drying out.
Did you run out of the organic wood conditioner? Replacement tins of wood ring conditioner and extra wooden rings can be purchased in our shop.
Q: Do you sell your products on a wholesale basis to online retailers, companies, and small boutiques?
A: Yes! We offer most of our products on a wholesale basis! Interested in purchasing some of our products wholesale to sell in your boutique or store? Think our product line would be a great fit for your business? Great! We would love to hear from you. Please head over to the "Wholesale" page on our website to send us a wholesale inquiry. We review potential wholesale accounts on a weekly basis.
Q: Do you exhibit at wholesale trade shows?
A: Why, yes we do! Although we are new to the trade show scene, we have previously exhibited our line of playfully patterned products at the January 2020 Atlanta Market and at the October 2020 NY NOW Digital Market.
Due to the impact of COVID-19, we are still in the process of evaluating whether or not we will be exhibiting in person at any trade shows during 2021. For updates and information, please sign up for our wholesale newsletter, where we will announce any future plans to exhibit.
GENERAL PRODUCT QUESTIONS
Q: What's up with all of the Georgia-themed products in your line if Sunny Day Designs is based in Madison, Wisconsin?
A: I'm glad you asked! Sunny Day Designs (formerly named Studio Schmidt Designs) was previously based in the Atlanta, GA, area until the Summer of 2020, when we relocated to Madison, WI. We have many positive memories from living in Atlanta and Georgia, so we decided to continue carrying our Georgia-themed products - we also wanted to be able to continue offering those products to many of our loyal retail and wholesale customers who live in Georgia!
We are currently in the process of expanding our product range to encompass many other cities/areas. Stay tuned!
Q: Who designs your fabrics? And are they available to purchase by the yard?
A: Each and every one of our printed fabrics and illustrated paper products is designed by Shelley Schmidt, the founder/lead designer at Sunny Day Designs. This process allows us to keep our products as unique as possible, since we use prints that are exclusive to Sunny Day Designs instead of purchasing large quantities of yardage that other businesses also use!
Shelley designs each of our prints the old-fashioned way: by hand. Every illustration and pattern design begins as a hand drawn sketch or watercolor doodle that is then scanned in and edited digitally on the computer. We love the entire product development process, from start-to-finish, and we don't believe in taking shortcuts. We also love that our prints retain a unique "hand drawn" quality to them that feels uniquely our own!
At this time, we do not currently offer our prints for purchase by the yard on a retail basis. However, we DO work with businesses who are interested in licensing our artwork for their own products and materials, so if you are interested in licensing one of our print designs, please contact us so that we can discuss.
2020 HOLIDAY SHIPPING ORDER DEADLINES
Q: When do I need to place my order to ensure it will arrive on or before Christmas?
A: That, my friend, is a complicated question to answer this year - but I'm happy to do my best! : ) The short answer is that it is partially dependent on where you live and what you order. We ship all of our orders from our studio in Madison, Wisconsin. We do our very best to ship all of our orders out within 1 week of purchase (hopefully sooner, but some items are made on demand and we get especially busy during the holiday season).
We are also living during challenging and unprecedented times, with the state of the world and country constantly changing due to the impact of COVID-19. We are doing our best to react to these changes in a way that is fair both to our customers, as well as to our small 1-woman business. If we anticipate that there will be a delay with your order, we will reach out to you to let you know.
*** PLEASE REVIEW CAREFULLY BEFORE ORDERING ***
FOR DELIVERY BY CHRISTMAS:
- Dec. 1st (CST) - International orders & addresses outside USA (APO/FPO/DPO)
- Dec. 7th (CST) - Alaska & Hawaii Deliveries
- Dec. 10th (CST) - All Ground Services (USPS, FedEx & USPS)
- Dec. 13th (CST) - USPS (First Class & Priority/Priority Express) & UPS/FedEx non-ground
* DECEMBER/JANUARY VACATION NOTE: Sunny Day Designs will be pausing the shop portion of our website temporarily from December 16th - January 10th, 2021, so that we can take a brief vacation. We will also be using that time to do some business planning for 2021, make some improvements to our production process, and hopefully hire a part-time assistant as well!
As a result - Any retail or wholesale orders placed between December 16th - January 10th will not be shipped out until my website shop reopens in mid-January. Thank you for your understanding! It has been a very busy and difficult year and I am looking forward to getting a little bit of time off to pause, plan, and catch my breath.