We've rounded up some of our most commonly asked questions here. Hopefully you'll find the answer you're looking for, but if not, feel free to contact us with your question! We'll get back to you as soon as we can.
CUSTOM DESIGNS & PRODUCTS
Q: I love your artwork & products! Can you design something custom just for me or my company/brand?
A: Thank you for the compliment! We love creating custom designs and products and appreciate your interest in working with Sunny Day Designs to create something custom and unique.
When contacting us about a custom order inquiry, please send a detailed message with more information on what you are looking for so that we can work together to create something one-of-a-kind! Custom or personalized orders can take anywhere between a few days to several weeks/months, as the timeline for each custom design or personalized order will vary based on the type of item, quantity requested, or they type of design requested.
Since each custom order is different, send us an inquiry message with the details on what you're looking for.
If you're a brand or company who is interested in collaborating with Sunny Day Designs to create something unique or exclusive, please include those details in your message.
Custom order fees will apply and may vary based on the type of project requested.
GIFT WRAPPING & GIFT MESSAGES
Q: Can you gift wrap my order and/or add a gift message? If so, what is the cost for that?
A: Ordering an item as a gift for someone else? Great! We can gift wrap your order and include a gift message to the recipient.
- There's no charge to add a short gift message to your order.
If you would like to include a complimentary gift message to the recipient of your order, please include the exact text that you would like for your custom gift message to the recipient. Gift messages will be typed onto a recycled paper sticker and attached to a colorful, patterned square postcard.
- The cost for adding gift wrapping to the items in your order is $4 per order.
To add gift wrap, simply select the gift wrapping option when placing your order. A charge of $4 will be added on to your total. Your order will be wrapped up in our colorful yellow and white patterned tissue paper and topped with a coordinating bow and ribbon (yellow, white, or orange).
- All Items Going To 1 Recipient: If you would like all of the items in your order to be wrapped together and have the same gift message, only 1 "gift wrapping" fee is required per order (even if you purchase more than 1 item). Please add 1 "gift wrapping" fee during checkout and leave any order requests/comments in the notes box.
- Multiple Items Going To Multiple Recipients: If you would like each item to be wrapped separately or for the items in your order to have different gift messages for different recipients, please purchase the number of gift wrapping fees that corresponds to the number of separate gifts you would like to be wrapped. For example, if you are ordering 2 gifts that will need to be wrapped separately, please purchase 2 "gift wrapping" fees and add notes for 2 different gift messages if needed. Please also be sure to leave notes/gift messages in the comment box at checkout so that we know which items in your order correspond to each recipient.
SHIPPING & PROCESSING
Q: How soon will my items ship out after I place my order?
A: We ship all of our orders out a as soon as we can. However, we hope you understand that, as a 1-woman company, our shipping and processing times depend on the current volume of orders, in addition to other factors such as inventory and material availability.
Additionally, as a small batch brand that manufactures many of our own products, our goal is to prevent product waste from storing large amounts of inventory. As a result, some of our items are in stock and may be ready to ship out right away, while others may need to be cut/sewn on demand after you place your order.
We hope to ship your order out within 1-4 business days, but during peak sales times (such as the holiday season or times with an influx of orders) additional delays may result in order processing.
If you have a question about your order timeline, please email email@example.com for an update. We will do our best to reply within 24 hours (typically earlier).
FABRIC PRODUCT CARE INSTRUCTIONS
Q: Can your fabric products be machine washed and dried?
A: Great question! Yes - all of our fabric products and components can be machine washed and dried using most standard laundry detergents!
Please avoid very harsh stain-remover detergents and laundry detergents that include whiteners or high quantities of bleach, since those detergents might affect the colors on the prints.
Additionally, we pre-wash all of our fabrics prior to cutting them in order to reduce future shrinkage.
For your convenience, here are our recommended care/wash instructions:
- Tea towels and linen/cotton Items:
Machine wash warm or cool on a gentle/delicate setting using a phosphate-free detergent. Tumble dry low. Warm iron, if needed.
- Baby items, reusable facial rounds, and other 100% organic cotton fabric items:
Machine wash warm or cool on a gentle/delicate setting using a phosphate-free detergent. Tumble dry low. Cool iron, if needed.
Q: Do you sell your products on a wholesale basis to online retailers, companies, and small boutiques?
A: Yes! We offer most of our products on a wholesale basis! Interested in purchasing some of our products wholesale to sell in your boutique or store? Think our product line would be a great fit for your business? Great! We would love to hear from you.
Please head over to the "Wholesale" page on our website to send us a wholesale inquiry via email. We review potential wholesale accounts on a weekly basis. Approved accounts will receive a pdf of our entire wholesale product catalog.
Additionally, you can shop our wholesale product line directly online at the following:
Handshake Wholesale by Shopify
Q: Do you exhibit at wholesale trade shows?
A: Why, yes we do! Although we are new to the trade show scene, we have previously exhibited our line of playfully patterned products at the January 2020 Atlanta Market and at the October 2020 NY NOW Digital Market.
Due to the impact of COVID-19, we are still in the process of evaluating whether or not we will be exhibiting in person at any trade shows during 2023.
For updates and information, please sign up for our wholesale newsletter, where we will announce any future plans to exhibit. Head to the Wholesale page of our website to sign up for our wholesale-specific newsletter.
GENERAL PRODUCT QUESTIONS
Q: What's up with all of the Georgia-themed products in your line if Sunny Day Designs is based in Madison, Wisconsin?
A: I'm glad you asked! Sunny Day Designs (formerly named Studio Schmidt Designs) was previously based in the Atlanta, GA, area until the Summer of 2020, when we relocated to Madison, WI. We have many positive memories from living in Atlanta and Georgia, so we decided to continue carrying our Georgia-themed products - we also wanted to be able to continue offering those products to many of our loyal retail and wholesale customers who live in Georgia!
We are currently in the process of expanding our product range to encompass many other cities/areas, including more designs related to Wisconsin.
State-themed products are available for other states such as Virginia, Florida, New York, and Missouri. Stay tuned as we continue to add more!
Q: Who designs your fabrics? And are they available to purchase by the yard?
A: Each and every one of our printed fabrics and illustrated paper products is designed by Shelley Schmidt, the founder/lead designer at Sunny Day Designs. This process allows us to keep our products as unique as possible, since we use prints that are exclusive to Sunny Day Designs instead of purchasing large quantities of yardage that other businesses also use!
Shelley designs each of our prints the old-fashioned way: by hand. Every illustration and pattern design begins as a hand drawn sketch or watercolor doodle that is then scanned in and edited digitally on the computer. We love the entire product development process, from start-to-finish, and we don't believe in taking shortcuts. We also love that our prints retain a unique "hand drawn" quality to them that feels uniquely our own!
At this time, we do not currently offer our prints for purchase by the yard on a retail basis. However, we DO work with businesses who are interested in licensing our artwork for their own products and materials.
If you are interested in licensing one of our print designs, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss.
2022 HOLIDAY SHIPPING ORDER DEADLINES
Q: When do I need to place my order to ensure it will arrive on or before Christmas?
A: That, my friend, is a complicated question to answer, since shipping during the holidays is always slightly less predictable - but I'm happy to do my best! : ) The short answer is that it is partially dependent on where you live and what you order.
We ship all of our orders from Madison, Wisconsin. We do our very best to ship all of our orders out within 1 week of purchase (hopefully sooner, but some items are made on demand and we get especially busy during the holiday season).
We evaluate any potential disruptions in shipping & proceed in a way that is fair both to our customers, as well as to our small 1-woman business.
If we anticipate that there will be a delay with your order, we will reach out to you to let you know.
PLEASE REVIEW THIS 2022 HOLIDAY SHIPPING CALENDAR CAREFULLY BEFORE PLACING ORDERS YOU WANT TO ARRIVE BEFORE CHRISTMAS. IT WILL HELP YOU DETERMINE WHICH SHIPPING METHOD YOU SHOULD CHOOSE AT CHECKOUT:
FOR DELIVERY ON/BEFORE CHRISTMAS DAY:
For Domestic Addresses Within the USA:
- Dec. 11th (11:59 pm CST) - All Ground Services (UPS Ground, FedEx Ground & FedEx Home Delivery)
- Dec. 14th (11:59 pm CST) - (USPS First Class Mail)
- Dec. 16th (11:59 pm CST) - (USPS Priority Mail & UPS 3 Day Select)
- Dec. 18th (11:59 pm CST) - (UPS 2nd Day Air & FedEx Express Saver)
- Dec. 19th (11:59 pm CST) - (USPS Priority Mail Express, UPS Next Day Air & FedEx 2Day Services)
For International Addresses Outside the USA:
- November 27th (11:59 pm CST) - International orders being shipped to Africa, South America & Central America (USPS First Class International & USPS Priority Mail International)
- December 3rd (11:59 pm CST) - International orders being shipped to ALL COUNTRIES EXCEPT those in Africa, South America & Central America (USPS First Class International & USPS Priority Mail International)
- December 4th (11:59 pm CST) - International orders being shipped to Africa, South America & Central America (USPS Priority Mail Express International)
- December 10th (11:59 pm CST) - International orders being shipped to ALL COUNTRIES EXCEPT those in Africa, South America & Central America (USPS Priority Mail Express International)